By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Live Streaming
  • Legal Talk
Search
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Delhi HC directs Centre to appoint woman candidate against unfilled Air Force flying vacancy – World News Network
Share
Sign In
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Font ResizerAa
Search
  • Home
    • Home 1
  • Categories
  • Legal Talk
  • Bookmarks
  • More Foxiz
    • Sitemap
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Latest World News Update > Blog > National > Delhi HC directs Centre to appoint woman candidate against unfilled Air Force flying vacancy – World News Network
National

Delhi HC directs Centre to appoint woman candidate against unfilled Air Force flying vacancy – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork
Last updated: August 30, 2025 12:00 am
worldnewsnetwork
Share
SHARE

New Delhi [India], August 30 (ANI): The Delhi High Court has directed the Centre and other authorities to appoint a woman candidate against one of the unfilled 20 Air Force flying vacancies.
The order came on a petition filed by Archana, who had cleared the National Defence Academy (NDA) examination and was declared medically “fit to fly”.
She had approached the court seeking appointment against the unfilled posts, contending that though 90 vacancies were notified in May 2023, only two posts were earmarked for women and were filled, while 20 posts for male candidates remained unfilled.
A division bench of Justice C Hari Shankar and Justice Om Prakash Shukla decided the petition in favour of petitioner Archana, and directed the authorities to appoint her in the Indian Air Force after hearing the counsel.
The division bench directed the respondents to appoint the petitioner against one of the unfilled 20 Air Force Flying vacancies relating to the Examination Notification of 17 May 2023.
“She would be entitled to be treated at par, for all service benefits, including seniority and other associated benefits, with the 70 male and two female candidates who have been selected and appointed,” the division bench said in its order of August 25.
Petitioner Archana moved a petition through Advocate Sahil Mongia. It was submitted that on 17 May 2023, the Union Public Service Commission issued an Examination Notice for conducting the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination for recruitment to various posts in the Armed Forces.
The petitioner has successfully cleared the written examination held on 3 September 2023.
On 2 April 2024, the Ministry of Defence issued a merit list of 699 candidates who had qualified for recruitment based on the NDA, following the written examination and interview.
The High Court noted that one of the requirements for being eligible for appointment to the post of “Air Force (i) Flying” was a “Fit to Fly” certificate.
Petitioner’s counsel argued that despite 20 of the 90 vacancies, which were not earmarked for female candidates, remaining vacant, the petitioner was not offered an appointment.
It was also argued that it was incumbent on the respondents to fill the said vacancies with eligible women candidates. As the petitioner was 7th in the merit list of women candidates after the two who had been selected against the two earmarked vacancies, she submits that she was entitled to be appointed.
On the other hand, it was submitted on behalf of the Central government and other respondents that there were only two vacancies earmarked for women candidates in the notification dated 17 May 2023.
It was also submitted that selections were being conducted not only for entry through the NDA but also through the Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT).
It was also submitted that admitting more women candidates consequent to the NDA, than were reserved for them, counsel submitted, would reduce the number of women candidates who were entitled to be appointed consequent to the AFCAT.
After hearing submissions, the High Court said that the only requirement for candidates who desired to be appointed as “Air Force (i) Flying” was the possession of a Fit to Fly certificate. The petitioner unquestionably is in possession of such a certificate. The only ground on which the petitioner could be denied appointment is if there are no vacancies available to accommodate her.
The High Court said, “We have already expressed our inability to agree with the contention that 90 vacancies in the Notification dated 17 May 2023 were reserved for male candidates.”
“Indeed, such a stipulation would also be contrary to the following recital in the notification, which has been boldly emphasised in the notification itself, which reads “Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply,” the court said. (ANI)

Contents
WORLD MEDIA NETWORKPRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTIONPress releases distribution in 166 countriesPress releases in all languagesPress releases in Indian LanguagesIndia PackagesEurope PackagesAsia PackagesMiddle East & Africa PackagesSouth America PackagesUSA & Canada PackagesOceania PackagesCis Countries PackagesWorld Packages

Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

sponsored by

WORLD MEDIA NETWORK


PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION

Press releases distribution in 166 countries

EUROPE UK, INDIA, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SOUTHEAST ASIA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, GREATER CHINA, VIETNAM, THAILAND, INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, SOUTH AMERICA, RUSSIA, CIS COUNTRIES, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND MORE

Press releases in all languages

ENGLISH, GERMAN, DUTCH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, ARABIC, JAPANESE, and KOREAN CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, THAI, MALAY, RUSSIAN. ITALIAN, SPANISH AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES

Press releases in Indian Languages

HINDI, MARATHI, GUJARATI, TAMIL, TELUGU, BENGALI, KANNADA, ORIYA, PUNJABI, URDU, MALAYALAM
For more details and packages

Email - support@worldmedianetwork.uk
Website - worldmedianetwork.uk

India Packages

Read More

Europe Packages

Read More

Asia Packages

Read More

Middle East & Africa Packages

Read More

South America Packages

Read More

USA & Canada Packages

Read More

Oceania Packages

Read More

Cis Countries Packages

Read More

World Packages

Read More
sponsored by

You Might Also Like

“Amit Shah should take responsibility”: Sanjay Raut advocates for dialogue amid Maratha quota row – World News Network

Delhi: Union Minister Mansukh Mandaviya participates in Fit India cycle rally – World News Network

Chandigarh: Chief Engineer assesses situation at Sukhna Lake, reviews damage – World News Network

“Weathered far more serious crises in past”: Manish Tewari slams Trump tariffs, urges Centre not to “bow down” – World News Network

“Remains to be seen whether there is any political game”: BJP’s Rahul Sinha on Bengal school jobs scam case – World News Network

Sign Up For Daily Newsletter

Be keep up! Get the latest breaking news delivered straight to your inbox.
[mc4wp_form]
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link Print
Share
Previous Article “Insult to mandate of the people of country”: Jagdambika Pal over “abuses” hurled against PM Modi – World News Network
Next Article Need to thwart Centre’s attempt to change Constitution: Telangana CM Revanth Reddy – World News Network
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

248.1kLike
69.1kFollow
134kPin
54.3kFollow
banner banner
Create an Amazing Newspaper
Discover thousands of options, easy to customize layouts, one-click to import demo and much more.
Learn More

Latest News

JSMM Chairman urges UN to hold Pakistan accountable for enforced disappearances in Sindh – World News Network
World
PM Modi interacts with Rasmita Sahoo, Moshin Ali from Khelo India Water Sports Festival during Mann Ki Baat – World News Network
Sports
Cricket under floodlights in Pulwama, Khelo India fest at Dal Lake: PM Modi highlights J-K’s sporting achievements in Mann Ki Baat – World News Network
Sports
Centre releases new rules for calculating Green Credit for tree plantation, focuses on canopy density – World News Network
National

You Might also Like

Himachal: HC orders govt to take over Sanskrit College staff; slaps Rs 25000 cost on state – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork worldnewsnetwork 3 Min Read

“If leader of party is not interested in any debate except… “: Kiren Rijiju – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork worldnewsnetwork 3 Min Read

“Natural disasters testing country, caused grief to every Indian”: PM Modi in 125th episode of Mann ki Baat – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork worldnewsnetwork 4 Min Read
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
Follow US
Copyright © 2024 World News Network. All Rights Reserved
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?